Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Conclusion


What’s the toughest part of writing a blog?

The conclusion.  You spend a long time - maybe days - writing the perfect articles.  You do all the outlining, research, formatting, and then you get to the end.  Now what?

The blog, Nordic Wiccan, was started four years ago.  The first post was November 11, 2012, outlining some ideas for posts - but I really had no idea where it would go.  I hoped to help some readers explore deeper into their Path or help others start their journey.  I wanted to share a collection of notes that I had gathered over the years.  The first few posts were on seasons and myths.  Branching into values, Gods and Goddesses, elements, Sabbats and rituals.  By 2014, a series on the runes was posted, along with tales and events.  Digging deeper into seasons and cycles by doing a run of posts on the months of the following year.  And finally, this past year, going into Esbats, Sabbats and Divine Friends.


Last year the blog gained a published book, 'Who are your Divine Friends?'.  There are many names for the Celestial Being, and it can harder to define than air.  Worldwide there is Lady, Goddess, Deity, Loki, Yahweh, Father, Xochiquetzal..., well you get the idea.  Many Pagans prefer to use a gender free word such as 'Spirit'.  For me, I use 'Divine Friends'.  The book goes into many Myths, Gods and Goddesses.  There is lore from the Poetic and prayers for the deities.  The book can help you befriend and learn a lot about Odin, Thor, Frigg, Hela, Freya, Tyr, Freyr and more.

And the blog has a Facebook page, with the new logo!  Tips, snippets and shared information all in one place.  I will continue the Facebook page for a while longer.  Topic ideas, comments or questions can be left there. 

So why drop the blog after just four years, when things are growing so well?  The number 4 is the number that represents the four elements of Air, Fire, Water and Earth, and the four sacred directions, North, South, East and West.  Number 4 is the number of stability, order and completion.  I can continue to share notes on Facebook.  And stay up on current events through posting and sharing. 

I will keep the blog open and free so it can still be viewed.  And I will still be able to be contacted here.  So not really the end - just my last post on this blog.  Keep reading.  Keep researching.  Keep reviewing. ...


Thank you to all who have supported the Blog and Thanks for reading along!  Blessed Be!  Alu!








4 comments:

  1. Hope to see future ventures :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it's been years since you published anything on your blog but I hope you are doing well because I love these posts! Especially on handfasting, grounding, and deep understanding of various otehr topics related to nordic pagantry! Please return here for a new post I would love to know if you are still around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The Group on Facebook has been growing a lot lately. I only check the blog a few times. Feel free to join us on Facebook for more info on these and more topics. Thanks for reading along!

      Delete